Robert Olson + Associates LLC (Boston, MA) seeks a BIM Architectural Designer. Specifically, under the supervision of the Principal, the BIM Architectural Designer will:
- Generate design concepts using free-hand sketching and/or design software such as ArchiCAD.
- Generate project BIM models (in ArchiCAD) for Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Document phases.
- Collaborate in a team to produce design and construction documents for institutional and mixed use architectural projects.
- Generate space plans for projects.
- Generate presentation quality documents and renderings in formats suitable for physical boards and PowerPoint presentations to clients and public agencies.
- Review project program and determine zoning and building regulation requirements.
- Perform area calculations for projects.
- Perform design concept and theoretical research for new projects.
- Coordinate architectural work with work of civil, structural and MEP consulting engineers and construction managers.
- Master’s degree in Architecture
- 1 year experience in architecture, including professional or academic setting
- 1 year experience in ArchiCAD
- 1 year experience in BIM and 3D Modeling
- Must have strong conceptual design skills demonstrated by a portfolio of completed projects
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple design projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in construction planning and administration
- Demonstrated experience working and adapting to teams with excellent communication, collaboration skills, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated experience in SketchUp software, Microsoft Office.
*Experience may be gained concurrently. **Demonstrated experience is deemed equivalent to at least 6 months of work experience.
Please mail cover letter and resume to Douglas Urbank, Robert Olson + Associates, 374 Congress Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA 02210